Black Americans returning to Africa.

I watch a lot of things on YouTube & I've seen a lot on black American culture from Latin America, North America & a little on the Caribbean & I think I do have an idea on how black people in the Americas go about their lives.

I was recently watching an Akon interview where he claimed America wasn't built for black Americans & I imagine some people might think he's backwards or not progressive like how people claim I'm backwards when I say Africa's borders were not made by Africans. But I guess each to his/her own, some people probably don't mind living in a system that was not created by them but the concept of having someone outside your tribe/nation telling you how to live, let alone someone of another race doing so, was probably inconcievable before Africa's colonisation.

I come across several videos & online talks of an "Exodus" of black people leaving America going to Africa exampli gratia. I love the idea of black Americans coming to Africa because it might help a continent with an oppressed history & mindset with new ideas & new skills. I talked about the difference in African & American culture on one of these voicenotes/podcasts I occasionally do on SoundCloud. I really think one of the main stumbling blocks Americans would encounter when coming to Africa, or any other group for that matter, is the culture shock. But if they can adapt to African society without being too compromised, then the sky is the limit.

But then again there's always discrimination even among black people themselves so we have to wonder if Africa really needs another foreign identity to deal with on top of the many issues this continent already has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Mthoko Mpofana?

Why I admire Spain...

Sovereignty